ABOUT OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY
Osun State University (UNIOSUN) was established by Osun State University Law (2006). The University commenced academic activities on September 21, 2007 on the permanent sites on its six campuses located in the six geo-political zones of Osun State, namely: Osogbo, (Main Campus), Ejigbo, Ifetedo, Ikire, Ipetu-Ijesa and Okuku.
UNIOSUN is a conventional comprehensive University offering programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the Liberal Arts, Agriculture, Basic and Applied Sciences, Environmental Studies, Engineering, Law, Education, Medical Sciences, Management and the Social Sciences. Its academic activities are carried out in seven Colleges, namely: College of Agriculture, Ejigbo Campus; College of Education, Ipetu-Ijesa campus; College of Humanities and Culture, Ikire Campus; College of Law, Ifetedo Campus; College of Management and Social Sciences; Okuku Campus; College of Health Sciences, Main Campus, Osogbo and College of Science, Engineering and Technology, Main Campus, Osogbo. In addition, there are a number of interdisciplinary academic centres including: Centre for Human Resource Development and Lifelong Learning. Centre for Climate-Change and Environmental Research, Centre for Alternative Energy and Rural Technologies, the Centre for Pre-Degree Studies, Centre for Gender Studies, Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies, the Postgraduate College and Global Affairs and Sustainable Development Institute.
Osun State University has the vision of becoming the biggest and the best University in Nigeria in the nearest future and has the goal of developing into a world class institution of learning, given its multi-campus nature and its rapid expansion in the short period of its existence.
Duties / Personality
(A) Required Personal Attributes
The Director of University Medical and Health Services must be a person of high integrity and good character with excellent interpersonal relations.
He/She must be capable of instilling confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
Additionally, he/she must be able to provide good professional leadership to the staff of the Directorate.
(B) Vision Statement
The Candidate should as well state categorically and in not more than five hundred (500) words the vision statement for the University Medical and Health Services for the next five (5) years.
Candidates for this post must:
- Possess MB.BS/M.B:CH.B with full registration with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Qualification in Public Health and Family Medicine may be of additional advantage.
- Have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification cognate experience of which at least five (5) must be in the position of Principal Medical Officer I (PMO I) in a tertiary-institutions (preferably University) Health Centre.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit twenty-five (25) copies of their application and current Curriculum Vitae which should include among others:
- Full Name (Surname Last in Capital Letters)
- Post applied for
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Name, Address and Phone Number of Next of Kin
- Number of Children and their Ages
- Nationality and State of Origin (If a Nigerian)
- Local Government of Origin (if from Osun State)
- Contact Details (including Mobile Telephone Numbers and Email)
- Permanent Home Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
- Work Experience with Dates including full details of former and present posts
- Present Employment Status and Salary
- List of Publications (If any)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Any other relevant information that would facilitate a positive review of your application
- Names and Addresses of three (3) relevant referees.
Applicants should request their nominated referees to forward their reports under separate and confidential cover directly to:
Osun State University,
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
All applications should be submitted to the Registrar at the above address. Applicants should indicate at the top left hand corner of their envelopes the position they are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
The submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS word format to: the subject matter should read “Application for the Post of Director of University Medical and Health Services”. Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address.
All applications and references should reach the Registrar not later than four (4) weeks from the date of this publication. It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their references are submitted by that date.
13th September, 2021